About the Journal
Future Sustainability (FUSUS) is a journal that features significant, groundbreaking research from various natural, social, and engineering disciplines focusing on sustainability and its policy implications. The objective of FUSUS is to ensure a better future for current and future generations while preserving the natural world.
Currently, publication in the FUSUS Journal is free of charge.
Articles are published in English only.
All manuscripts sent for publication are checked to compare their similarity with other works already published. For this purpose, we use Turnitin.
Articles are distributed according to the terms of the Creative Common CC BY 4.0 License.
Focus and Scopes
Although academic research on sustainability has been ongoing for many years, only recently has there been a more collaborative and integrated approach across different fields of study. There is now a growing demand for a comprehensive understanding of the Earth, social, and technological systems and their interactions, especially from outside of academia, as evidenced by the global Sustainable Development Goals initiative led by the United Nations. In this context, researchers will have even more outstanding support to deepen their understanding of these interactions and address questions related to sustainability, such as:
- How severe are the consequences of human activities on the environment, and what are the consequences for life on Earth?
- How closely linked are environmental and human crises?
- Why do inequalities and human suffering persist around the world?
- Are there long-term solutions to environmental problems, and what do they look like?
- How do we assess environmental and human well-being and monitor the progress of policies and initiatives aimed at improving it?
- What behavioral and systemic obstacles hinder the changes needed to achieve more sustainable lifestyles, economies, and societies?
Future Sustainability is particularly interested in research that provides new and innovative answers to these questions. The journal covers a range of subjects related to sustainability, including agriculture and food security, supply chain, waste, biodiversity conservation, circular economy, cities and urbanization, comprehensive climate change, development, environmental degradation, environmental law, green infrastructure, the relationship between health and the environment, human population, innovation, land use and change, natural capital, natural resource management, policy, pollution, ecosystem services, education, environmental behavior, poverty, the interconnections between water, energy, and food, and the connections between water, soil, and waste, among others.
One of the journal's goals is to promote cross-disciplinary conversations on sustainability issues and bridge the gap between research and policymaking. As with all Future-based journals, Future Sustainability is distinguished by a dedicated team of professional editors, a rigorous peer-review process, high-quality copy-editing, production standards, and prompt publication.
Disciplines covered in FUSUS
- Atmospheric Science
- Chemistry and Catalysis
- Civil Engineering
- Energy and Ecology
- Environmental Health, Science & Technology
- Industrial Ecology
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Political Science
- Soil Science
- Urban Science and Studies
- Water Science and Studies
Benefits of publishing in “Future Sustainability” Journal:
- "Future Sustainability" Editorial board members are professional authors and researchers.
- The publication process is quick.
- It is currently free of charge (no processing fee).
- "Future Sustainability" is an open-access Journal, and everyone can download and read the published papers for free.
- The published papers will be sent to professionals in various Sustainability fields in an email campaign that helps the published documents to be viewed, considered, or cited by various researchers.
- A unique Digital Object Identifier (DOI) will be dedicated to the published articles, and they will be indexed in various databases.
- Easy submission process. You can also email your paper to the Journal (email@example.com).